CLUE®: FRIENDS Game, Loungefly “Apartment 20” Front Door Backpack, and More Coming Soon
Images Available HERE
In honor of International Friendship Day on July 30, Warner Bros. Discovery is kicking off FRIENDS Fan Week 2022 today, a week-long celebration of friendship inspired by the perennially popular FRIENDS TV show. At a time when the desire to be with our loved ones has never been stronger, FRIENDS has resonated with millions of viewers around the world reaching generations of fans with its message of “friends as family.” This week, friends can join in on social media contests and giveaways, visit the popular The FRIENDS Experience locations in New York, Denver and Toronto, and purchase new FRIENDS-inspired products to give to — your friends, of course!
FRIENDS Fan Week 2022, running from July 25 to July 30, will include:
- Daily contests and product giveaways from the FRIENDS and Warner Bros. social media handles. Be sure to follow @Friends and @WBStyle on Instagram for all the updates including a chance to win official FRIENDS merch. All week long, new digital assets such as new FRIENDS-inspired Instagram and TikTok filters, Giphy Stickers and other social media content will also be available.
- Influencer program on Instagram and TikTok kicking off the #FriendsFanWeek video challenge. Fans can post a FRIENDS-inspired video for a chance to be featured on the official FRIENDS social media channels all week long!
- The FRIENDS™ Experience, created by Superfly X, Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television Group is openin New York, Denver, and Toronto for the ultimate, interactive FRIENDS experience. Voted as one of USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Best New Attractions and included in CNN’s 12 Best Immersive Experiences around the world, The FRIENDS Experience features 12 nostalgia-packed rooms and activations including Monica’s kitchen and the iconic FRIENDS fountain. The interactive space provides opportunities to explore the show’s history and re-create your favorite moments including peeking around Rachel and Monica’s purple door, relaxing in Chandler and Joey’s recliner, or helping Ross with the infamous sofa pivot. And of course, the space will feature a re-created Central Perk with the legendary orange couch. An onsite FRIENDS retail store featuring exclusive products is also open to both ticketed and non-ticketed guests.
In celebration of FRIENDS Fan Week, The FRIENDS Experience will host an online giveaway on Instagram beginning July 25 (@friendstheexperience) as well as offer a retail promo for 15% off (web and store wide) on International Friendship Day on July 30 starting at noon ET on Saturday and running through noon ET on Sunday, July 31. For more information or to purchase tickets for The FRIENDS Experience, please visit www.friendstheexperience.com.
- Something is brewing for FRIENDS fans and coffee lovers: Follow @centralperk and check out www.centralperk.com to sign up to be first to get more insider news and information about the upcoming launch.
- A dedicated FRIENDS Fan Week Amazon page will showcase some of the most popular licensed FRIENDS-inspired merchandise, all in one convenient location.
- To prepare for FRIENDS Fan Week, fans can watch FRIENDS: The Reunion special and binge all 236 episodes of the original beloved series on HBO Max.
- It’s time to test your skills with FRIENDS Fan Week trivia on Nick @ Nite. Watch every night from July 25-31 and look for the on-screen multiple choice trivia questions. See if you can answer before the timer runs out! Super fans can also enter to win passes for The FRIENDS™ Experience in New York.
- TBS invites fans to celebrate with their favorite FRIENDS squad with back-to-back episodes stacked all week long starting at 11am Monday – Friday and Saturday, July 30 from 10am-6pm will air the “Best of Friends Marathon” to celebrate International Friendship Day. Throughout the week, fans will answer TBS Instagram polls to determine fans’ favorite FRIENDS duo. This will result in the curated batch of the episodes airing on International Friendship Day.
In addition to the above festivities, brand new FRIENDS-inspired merchandise from Warner Bros. Consumer Products is available to gift to BFFs everywhere:
- The WB Shop will launch new FRIENDS products including apparel, accessories, and home goods. T-shirts with memorable sayings like “How You Doin?” to a Pivot embroidered hat and pillow, there is something for every FRIENDS fan.
- Loungefly joins the celebration with three all-new FRIENDS-inspired products for fans of all ages, coming soon! The new collection includes a Front Door Mini Backpack with details that re-create the outside of Apartment 20, including the gold frame around Monica’s apartment peephole, a doorknob that actually turns and a door that opens to all the FRIENDS inside. On the back, all characters unite for an iconic scene around the fountain. Have a seat and hang out in the friend zone with this FRIENDS Couch Zip Around Wallet that comes to life in applique and embroidered detail. Take a coffee break withFRIENDS Central Perk Mug Figural Crossbody Bag. This entire bag is shaped like a cup of coffee, served in a “Central Perk” mug. To add to the overall coffeehouse experience, this bag is also coffee scented. Click here for more information or to be notified on product availability.
- The Op Games will add a FRIENDS twist to the classic mystery game with CLUE®: FRIENDS, also referred to as “The One with the Secrets” debuting July 26. Gather your friends around the table and solve the mystery in this collectible Clue game and determine WHICH secret is being kept, WHO reveals it, and WHERE it is revealed. 2-6 players, ages 8 and up, and will be available here in The Op Games’ online shop for $44.95!
- RSVLTS is debuting its new FRIENDS x RSVLTS Collection, which features three incredibly soft and comfortable button-down shirts in both traditional and women’s styles. Each shirt is uniquely and visually designed – one is covered in iconic show references and mementos (not Mentos, Joey), the second is a scrapbook compilation that Monica would be proud to share, and the third a lobster-y ode to Mrs. Ross and Mr. Rachel. The FRIENDS x RSVLTS Collection will launch on July 26 at 4:00pm ET on https://www.rsvlts.com.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of its debut in 1994, FRIENDS remains one of television’s most beloved series. One of the highest-rated shows on television in its original network run, the series remains a perennial go-to in syndication and on streaming services, where it continues to be a smash hit worldwide. A favorite among critics and fans alike throughout its 10-season run, FRIENDS not only won the Emmy® for Outstanding Comedy series, but also garnered Emmy® Awards for series stars Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow. From Warner Bros. Television, FRIENDS follows the lives and loves of a close-knit group of friends living in New York City: siblings Ross (David Schwimmer) and Monica Geller (Courteney Cox), along with friends Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) and Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston). FRIENDS was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, who executive produced the series with Kevin Bright through Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), part of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands and Experiences, extends the company’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by Warner Bros.’ biggest franchises from DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, Game of Thrones, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, and promotional partnerships, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment
Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment (WBTE), part of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands and Experiences, is a worldwide leader in the creation, development, and licensing of location-based entertainment, live events, exhibits, and theme park experiences based on Warner Bros.’ iconic characters, stories, and brands. WBTE is home to the groundbreaking global locations of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, WB Movie World Australia, and countless other experiences inspired by DC, Looney Tunes, Scooby, Game of Thrones, Friends, and more. With best-in-class partners, WBTE allows fans worldwide to physically immerse themselves inside their favorite brands and franchises.
FRIENDS and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s22)
Warner Bros. Discovery
Ronstadt & Associates PR