LOS ANGELES (February 3, 2023) – TBS has awarded $25,000 to four winners of its second annual TBS HBCU Cash Out™ contest. Meagan Good (“Shazam! Fury of the Gods,” “Harlem”) announced the winners on TBS network and digital platforms.
Presented by tbs/TNT/truTV’s MORE Initiative, the interactive social media contest aims to financially empower recent graduates of historically black colleges and universities. Entrants creatively shared a 60-second video via Instagram, Twitter or YouTube detailing how their attendance at a HBCU has helped them achieve their goals.
The winners of the second annual TBS HBCU Cash Out™ winners are:
- Chazriq Clarke: A multi-talented creative with aspirations of being a director, writer, actor, and musician who’s based in the DMV area (Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia) and a graduate of FAMU (Florida A&M University) with two bachelor’s degrees for Theatre Performing Arts & Business Administration.
- Tashawnee Guariello: A Brooklyn, New York native and graduate of Spelman College’s School of Psychology who is passionate about mentoring students in her local community and hopes to start her own neighborhood-focused non-profit as her next act.
- Jamel Daniels: Based in Harlem, New York, an Executive Menswear Designer that’s worked with some of the top brands in fashion/apparel, the Founder of Black College Union apparel & scholarship fund, and a graduate of North Carolina A&T State University with a bachelor’s degree in Design & Merchandising.
- Danielle Hicks: Born and raised in Huntsville, Alabama, an Alabama A&M University graduate with a BS degree in Business Administration with a Management Information Systems concentration who returned home to help her father with the family business, in which she aspires to, hopefully, fill his shoes one day.
To view all of the winning entries please visit the TBS HBCU Cash Out™ Reveal playlist.
To honor Black History Month, TBS and TNT will air programming celebrating Black Excellence, including:
Friday, February 17th
- “Creed 2” & “Creed” Friday Night Vibes on TBS
Saturday, February 18th
- NBA All Star HBCU Classic on TNT – 4pm ET/PT
- “Barbershop 3” on TBS – 11:30am ET/PT
- “Pride” on TBS – 1:45pm ET/PT
- “Creed” on TBS – 4pm ET/PT
- “Creed 2” on TBS – 6:45pm ET/PT
Saturday, February 25th
- “Judas and the Black Messiah” on TNT – 6am ET/PT
- “Ghost of Mississippi” on TNT – 8:45am ET/PT
- “Malcom X” on TNT – 11:30am ET/PT
- “The Color Purple” on TNT – 3:50pm ET/PT
- “Creed 2” on TNT – 7:18pm ET/PT
- “Just Mercy” on TNT – 10:03pm ET/PT
Sunday, February 26th
- “Amistad” on TNT – 1am ET/PT
TBS, a Warner Bros. Discovery brand, is a top-rated destination for television among young adults and known for escapist, good-time entertainment, featuring smart, imaginative characters with heart and comedic edge. From unscripted and scripted comedy series to game shows, and animated programming, TBS’ Originals slate is comprised of some of the most popular shows on cable — “AEW: Dynamite,” “American Dad!,” “Miracle Workers,” “Wipeout,” “Friday Night Vibes,” and “The Cube” along with upcoming series, “Stupid Pet Tricks”. TBS’ lineup also includes comedy hits like “Young Sheldon” and “The Big Bang Theory,” classic sitcom favorites such as “Friends,” blockbuster movies, and live event coverage of Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and “ELEAGUE,” Warner Bros. Discovery’s eSports gaming competition. Website: www.tbs.com