Below is a tutorial on how to update the Spotlight section on the home page on wbd.com.
Please note: Spotlights will not show up on the home page until Live on Home Page is toggled on within the individual Spotlight.
- To start, go to WordPress Dashboard > Spotlight > Add New
- Add the show title where it says “Add title“
- Add the tune-in message below where it says “Type / to choose block“
- Add the thumbnail image (should be 800px x 1200px) on the right side panel under the Spotlight tab > Featured Image > Set featured image. You can upload the image to the media folder here.
- Add the link to the external site associated with the Spotlight post on the right side panel under the Spotlight tab > Link to Page > Full link to website
- To preview the Spotlight before pushing it live to the home page, hit Publish at the top right of the page. Go to wbd.com/spotlight to preview. This is a non-promoted page that will show all Spotlights in the database.
- To push your Spotlight live to the home page, navigate to right side panel and click on the Spotlight tab > Scroll down to Spotlight > Live on Home Page toggle button. Toggle this on (it should read “LIVE”). Click Publish.
- To reorder the Spotlight items, go to WordPress Dashboard > Spotlight > Reorder, drag the items around until your desired order and click Update. Please note: when adding a new Spotlight, WordPress will always add at the top of the list.