Series is Developed by Executive Producers Amy Chozick and Julie Plec, and Produced by Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Based on Chozick’s Best-Selling Book
- HBO Max announced today that Writers Guild Award–nominated writer/producer Rina Mimoun (Superman & Lois, Mistresses, Privileged, Everwood) has joined the creative team of the upcoming Max Original series THE GIRLS ON THE BUS. The comedic drama comes from executive producers/writers Amy Chozick and Julie Plec, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, where Mimoun is under an overall deal.
- Mimoun will serve as showrunner and an executive producer on the show, working alongside executive producers Amy Chozick, Julie Plec, Greg Berlanti, and Sarah Schechter. Chozick and Plec wrote the first episode.
- Inspired by a chapter in the best-selling book Chasing Hillary by former New York Times correspondent Amy Chozick, THE GIRLS ON THE BUS is a comedic character-driven drama which chronicles four women journalists who follow every move of a parade of flawed presidential candidates, while finding friendship, love, and scandal along the way. The series will focus on the lives and relationships of these reporters.
- Rina Mimoun’s television career began at The WB (later The CW), working on Jack & Jill, Dawson’s Creek, Everwood (where she was an executive producer for final two seasons), Gilmore Girls and Hart of Dixie. While under her deal at Warner Bros. Television, she consulted on Eastwick and shared in a Writers Guild Award nomination for Best New Series for her work on Pushing Daisies. She developed projects for ABC and CBS before her first series, Privileged, starring JoAnna Garcia and Lucy Hale, landed at The CW. From there, Rina moved over to ABC Studios to executive produce the summer series Mistresses, which ran for four seasons. In that time, she also ran the FOX series Red Band Society and contributed as a consulting producer on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and The Catch. She then moved on to CBS Studios where she wrote and executive produced the pilots Playing Dead for The CW and Under the Bridge for CBS. She also developed multiple projects with producing partners Craig Turk and Dan Lin through the Rideback/Thinking Hat Campfire writer’s room. She most recently developed the pilot Family Drama for ABC while serving as a consulting producer on the hit DC drama Superman & Lois for WBTV and The CW.
- Rina is repped by Dan Erlij at UTA and Patti Felker at Felker Toczek Suddleson.
- To download a photo, PLEASE CLICK HERE
# # #