Upcoming Premieres Include “Silos Baking Competition” and New Episodes of “Fixer Upper: Welcome Home”
Network Boasts Nearly 100 Originals in Its First Year with More Than 30 Additional Projects in the Works
Link to Silos Baking Competition trailer: HERE
Link to newly-announced Magnolia Network show photos: HERE
Link to all Magnolia Network photos: HERE
Credit: Courtesy of Magnolia Network
Following its successful digital launch on discovery+ last summer, Magnolia Network launched its linear home on Wednesday, Jan. 5 in front of an audience of 3 million viewers, landing a spot among the top 25 basic cable networks – up 17 spots from the previous year – and establishing Magnolia Network the fastest growing cable network in 1Q22 based on YOY growth. 1Q22 was also the highest rated quarter in the network’s history for the W18+ demo.
The network’s linear launch was bolstered by the cable premiere of the series that started it all, Fixer Upper: Welcome Home, which welcomed nearly 1.7 million viewers alone. To date, more than 109 million viewers have watched the Fixer Upper franchise since the series first premiered in 2013.
“We’re so proud of the stories that launched Magnolia Network,” said Chip and Joanna Gaines. “The people we’ve met, who have allowed us to share a piece of their world with you, make it clear that everyday, everywhere, there are creators, path makers, and explorers in bold pursuit of beautiful ambitions. We’ve just scratched the surface—there are so many stories yet to be told on Magnolia Network, and we can’t wait to watch them unfold.”
Magnolia Network has produced nearly 100 originals, totalling more than 350 hours of content across digital and linear and, leaning into the early success of its inaugural programming slate, the network continues to grow with more than 30 projects in various stages of development.
“We are thrilled by the audience response to Magnolia Network thus far” said Allison Page, Global President of Magnolia and DTC. “With more than 350 hours of original content across digital and linear platforms – and more than 30 projects in various stages of development – we are delivering smart, layered storytelling that inspires creativity, upholds beauty and draws out curiosity.“
On the heels of January’s linear launch, Magnolia Network is introducing four new originals to its upcoming slate, set to premiere this year:
- SILOS BAKING COMPETITION: Home bakers travel to Waco, Texas, for a friendly competition that celebrates the joy that comes from time spent in the kitchen. The bakers are challenged to perfect a favorite recipe for a cash prize and a chance to have their winning treat featured on the menu at Chip and Joanna’s bakery, Silos Baking Co. “Silos Baking Competition” will premiere concurrently on Magnolia Network and discovery+ on Sunday, June, 12.
- FIXER UPPER: WELCOME HOME – THE CASTLE: Chip and Joanna take on their biggest fixer yet: a nineteenth-century castle in Waco, Texas. As they breathe new life into the historic landmark, they must also tackle its challenging infrastructure while preserving its original beauty. The first of eight episodes for “Fixer Upper: Welcome Home – The Castle” will drop on discovery+ in September.
- THE HOME TEAM WITH BRITT AND ANNIE (WT): Best friends and rookie renovators Annie Hawkins and Brittany Baker impressed Salt Lake City with their creative designs. With numerous clients knocking on their door, they’re going from first-time to full-time with their own renovation start-up business. “The Home Team with Britt and Annie” will premiere on discovery+ in September.
- RECIPE LOST AND FOUND (WT): Classically trained chef and food anthropologist Casey Corn is on a journey to help people rediscover their lost family recipes, diving into each family’s history and culture to reveal the magic behind the dish. “Recipe Lost and Found” will premiere on discovery+ this summer.
Additionally, Magnolia Network is thrilled to announce the following series renewals:
- THE LOST KITCHEN (Season 3) – Erin French followed her passion and opened a restaurant in her hometown of Freedom, Maine. Travelers from all over the world gather at The Lost Kitchen to enjoy Erin’s locally inspired and sourced menu.
- RESTORATION ROAD WITH CLINT HARP (Season 3) – Carpenter Clint Harp hits the road in search of incredible historical structures across the country that are in need of restoration, while exploring their origins and dreaming of their futures.
- ZOË BAKES (Season 3) – Zoë François bakes and cooks her favorite recipes, from easy main dishes to delicious desserts, with a little help from her friends and family.
ABOUT MAGNOLIA NETWORK
Magnolia Network is a media joint venture between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc., comprising a family-friendly library of premium, Emmy-nominated unscripted original content streaming on discovery+, a brand-immersive app and a cable network. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life’s stories authentically and empowering our viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things. We seek to entertain through smart, layered storytelling that inspires creativity, upholds beauty and draws out curiosity. Here, we are creating a space where we hope viewers will feel their time with us is never without purpose, but rather is time well spent.
discovery+ is the definitive non-fiction, real life subscription streaming service. discovery+ features a landmark partnership with Verizon that gives their customers with select plans up to 12 months of discovery+ on Verizon. discovery+ has the largest-ever content offering of any new streaming service at launch, featuring a wide range of exclusive, original series across popular, passion verticals in which Discovery brands have a strong leadership position, including lifestyle and relationships; home and food; true crime; paranormal; adventure and natural history; as well as science, tech and the environment, and a slate of high-quality documentaries. For more, visit discoveryplus.com or find it on a variety of platforms and devices, including ones from Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Roku and Samsung.
ABOUT WARNER BROS. DISCOVERY
Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ: WBD) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates and distributes the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content and brands across television, film and streaming. Available in more than 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery inspires, informs and entertains audiences worldwide through its iconic brands and products including: Discovery Channel, discovery+, CNN, DC, Eurosport, HBO, HBO Max, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Magnolia Network, TNT, TBS, truTV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Games, New Line Cinema, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Discovery en Español, Hogar de HGTV and others. For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.
# # #