- Emmy®-nominated producers John Goldwyn (Dopesick, Dexter) and Karen Rosenfelt (Dopesick, The Summer I Turned Pretty) have reunited to form a new production company, Goldwyn/Rosenfelt Productions, and have signed a new first-look deal with the Warner Bros. Television Group. Most recently, Rosenfelt and Goldwyn were executive producers of the acclaimed Hulu limited series Dopesick, which received 14 Emmy® nominations, including Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series.
- Under the terms of the first-look agreement, the financials of which were not disclosed, Rosenfelt and Goldwyn will develop original scripted programming — including dramas, comedies, limited series, and more — to be produced through Warner Bros. Television for all platforms. This includes Warner Bros. Discovery’s HBO Max, external streaming services, cable, and the five broadcast networks.
- The formation of the production company marks a formal reunion for Goldwyn and Rosenfelt, who previously worked together for nearly 15 years at Paramount Pictures before they both became independent producers.
- Per Studio practice, financial terms were not disclosed. WBTV can confirm it is a multi-year deal. This marks the producers’ first pact with the Studio.
- Goldwyn was previously an executive producer of television series such as Dexter and the revival Dexter: New Blood, the Manhunt franchise, MacGruber, Gracepoint, and more. He produced the feature films The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, starring Ben Stiller; Baby Mama, starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler; and Todd Haynes’ I’m Not There, about the many lives of Bob Dylan, among many others. Prior to becoming an independent producer, Goldwyn was a highly accomplished motion picture executive for more than 20 years. As President and then Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures’ Motion Picture Group, he oversaw award-winning hit films such as Saving Private Ryan, Titanic, Mission: Impossible, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, and many others.
- Rosenfelt was previously a producer on The Twilight Saga series of films based on the books by Stephanie Meyer. The five pictures in The Twilight Saga have grossed nearly $3.5 billion at the global box office. She is also currently executive producing the hit Amazon series, The Summer I Turned Pretty, which is currently in production on its second season. Her many motion picture producing credits include The Devil Wears Prada, Marley & Me, the four movies in the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise, both Percy Jackson films, Me Before You, and Yogi Bear, among others. Before becoming an independent producer, Rosenfelt was Co-President of Production at Paramount Pictures.
- Goldwyn is represented by TFC Management and Tom Hansen and Don Steele of Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller, Gellman, Meigs & Fox.
- Rosenfelt is represented by John Diemer of Goodman, Genow, Schenkman, Smelkinson, and Christopher.
# # #
Robert Pietranton, firstname.lastname@example.org