Season Premieres of “Bering Sea Gold,” “Dirty Jobs,” “Ice Cold Catch,” and “Brink of Disaster,” Airing this December on Discovery Channel, alongside Series “Engineering on the Edge” on Science Channel
This December, Discovery Channel is airing new episodes all month long of series “Bering Sea Gold” S11 on 12/6, “Brink of Disaster” on 12/8, “Dirty Jobs” S9 on 12/11, and “Ice Cold Catch” on 12/20. Science Channel is premiering the show “Engineering on the Edge” on 12/14.
See below for a full schedule.
Week of December 4, 2022
Tuesday, December 6
- “Bering Sea Gold” Season 11 Debuts on Discovery Channel – 8pm ET/PT
- In the depths of the unpredictable Bering Sea, miners are willing to risk it all for the chance to (literally) strike gold. And even with the best-laid plans, mother nature has the final say for these seasoned miners and average joes alike who are on the hunt for the biggest money-making claims they can dig up from the bottom of the sea. But this summer will be the most explosive Nome, Alaska has ever seen as a longstanding feud reignites and unexpected newcomers, including “Alaska: The Last Frontier” star Jane Kilcher, enter the fray to make their mark.
Thursday, December 8
- “Brink of Disaster” Debuts on Discovery Channel – 9pm ET/PT
- In three ground-breaking specials following the success of Yellowstone Supervolcano: American Doomsday, we explore three potentially devastating events and what we can do to stop them: The mega-storms that could flood New York City, the 800-mile San Andreas fault threatening Los Angeles, and the water that could sink Miami. From the production team behind Yellowstone Supervolcano.
Week of December 11, 2022
Sunday, December 11
- “Dirty Jobs” Season 9 Debuts on Discovery Channel – 8pm ET/PT
- Mike Rowe gets back to work with hard working Americans who have found their way to some of the most extraordinary jobs that make civilized life for the rest of us possible. Every episode of this fan-favorite series celebrates the unsung heroes and the communities that rely on these essential jobs across industries, ranging from construction to sanitation, manufacturing and more. And for Mike, the dirtier the job the better this season, as he tackles each with gusto and a no-nonsense approach which Discovery audiences respect and admire.
Wednesday, December 14
- “Engineering on the Edge” Debuts on Science Channel – 10pm ET/PT
- Engineering on the Edge is a documentary series following Elite Rope Access Technician, Trask Bradbury. Every day, Trask and his crew risk their lives to fix and maintain America’s tallest and most inaccessible structures. Viewers get an up-close look as Trask and his team literally “hang out”–thousands of feet up–to get the job done!
Week of December 18, 2022
Tuesday, December 20
- “Ice Cold Catch” Debuts on Discovery Channel – 10pm ET/PT
- When a newly-engaged American defense contractor and a struggling British yacht stewardess leave their thankless jobs behind to pursue highly-paid fishing jobs in Iceland, they discover a whole new realm of larger-than-life characters and unanticipated stakes. But to succeed, both must prove themselves as greenhorns in the wild and dangerous world of Atlantic cod-fishing.
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 224 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Warner Bros. Discovery
Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ: WBD) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates and distributes the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content and brands across television, film and streaming. Available in more than 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery inspires, informs and entertains audiences worldwide through its iconic brands and products including: Discovery Channel, discovery+, CNN, DC, Eurosport, HBO, HBO Max, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Magnolia Network, TNT, TBS, truTV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Games, New Line Cinema, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Discovery en Español, Hogar de HGTV and others. For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.