All Hands on Deck for New Blood, New Threats and the Ultimate Stakes in the Next Chapter of Deadliest Catch
New Season Returns with a 2-Hour Premiere on Tuesday, April 18, at 8PM ET/PT on Discovery Channel
Share the Promo here
Additional photos available here
(New York, NY) – March 23, 2023 – As Alaskan Crab prices reach new all-time highs and with over a million pounds of Eastern Bairdi now up for grabs, Bering Sea captains and a wave of newcomers look to earn their share of the sky-rocketing payday. But record seafood prices and tensions with Russia and China fuel illegal fishing by both foreign vessels and domestic rival industries. Now, veteran captains and the next generation of crabbers must overcome differences and band together to defend their grounds and protect one of America’s most valuable resources.
An all-new season of DEADLIEST CATCH returns with a 2-hour premiere on Tuesday, April 18, at 8PM ET/PT on Discovery Channel and will be available to stream the same day on discovery+.
With over twice the crab to be caught in the Bairdi fishery, a new generation of fisher descends on the grounds eager to launch their careers and make their mark in the Bering Sea. Veteran captains can’t rely on their past experience alone, but young captains don’t stand a chance without the knowledge of their predecessors. In this thrilling new chapter:
- Captain Sig Hansen must look ahead to the future on the F/V Northwestern as he attempts to safeguard his legacy for the next generation with his daughter and co-captain, Mandy Hansen, who takes on a bigger role in the vessel and the family business.
- Joining Captain Jake Anderson on the F/V Saga is new captain in training, 23-year-old Sophia “Bob” Nielsen. Following the loss of both of her parents, the third generation fisher is determined to gain experience so that she can continue the Nielsen name and take over as captain of her family’s 74-foot wooden hull vessel, the F/V Victory.
- East Coast legend Linda Greenlaw, the only female swordfishing captain and survivor of The Perfect Storm, sets her sights on America’s Last Frontier and brings her over forty years of experience to Captain “Wild” Bill Wichrowski’s F/V Summer Bay.
- For the first time since 2016, Andy Hillstrand returns to the helm of the F/V Time Bandit, shoulder to shoulder with brothers Johnathan and Neal, as they tackle the Golden King Crab Fishery.
- Rookie 28-year-old captain Jack Bunnell takes over the F/V Barbara J, leveraging his family quota to get to the helm, only to find that long-serving skipper Steve “Harley” Davidson will battle with him for seat time and control of the storied crabber.
- On the F/V Wizard, Captain Keith Colburn is joined by Jacob Hutchins, a deckhand aspiring to become one of the first African American crabbing captains on the Bering Sea.
- Fourth generation fisherman Rick Shelford joins the fleet with Captain Sean Dwyer on the F/V Aleutian Lady, both eager to build their own empire and create new legacies.
In addition to watching DEADLIEST CATCH on Discovery and discovery+, viewers can follow the conversation on social media with #DeadliestCatch, and follow Deadliest Catch on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for more updates.
DEADLIEST CATCH is produced by Original Productions, a Fremantle company for Discovery.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 224 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Warner Bros. Discovery
Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ: WBD) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates and distributes the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content and brands across television, film and streaming. Available in more than 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery inspires, informs and entertains audiences worldwide through its iconic brands and products including: Discovery Channel, discovery+, CNN, DC, Eurosport, HBO, HBO Max, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Magnolia Network, TNT, TBS, truTV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Games, New Line Cinema, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Discovery en Español, Hogar de HGTV and others. For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.