Warner Bros. Discovery is committed to positively impacting communities around the world. We strive to use our platforms and content as well as work with nonprofit partners to nurture positive change one bold story at a time.
Warner Bros. Discovery has a department dedicated to global social impact that develops consumer and employee-facing initiatives and campaigns, as well as skills training programs to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. In partnership with key nonprofit partners around the world, we advocate for action on the issues that are important to our customers, affiliates, and employees.
We create global cause marketing campaigns engaging viewers, advertisers, and business partners to support our business and move the needle on key social issues, leveraging our iconic Warner Bros. Discovery brands, franchises and global platforms in partnership with NGOs to provide critical resources to communities around the world. Our key initiatives address food insecurity, emergency response, equity, climate solutions, and mental health.
By investing in our communities through corporate grantmaking and philanthropic giving, we aim to build community, empower storytelling, and amplify the Warner Bros. Discovery brand and mission around the world. Our employee engagement efforts help to enhance culture, connection, and community by integrating social impact and purpose into the employee experience. These initiatives allow employees to give back their way, providing variety and flexibility in our offerings to enable employees to support the causes that matter most to them.
Through our creative and production impact initiatives, we forge strategic and meaningful relationships with artistic and cultural organizations, summits, labs, and festivals.
Our creative and production talent development programs help ensure our business has access to the best and most diverse talent, today and for the future. Working across film, television, games, news, and sports – and in collaboration with nonprofits, community partners and our employees worldwide – Warner Bros. Discovery training initiatives aim to break down barriers to entry and provide people from all backgrounds with the skills, experience and access they need to start and grow their careers in media and entertainment.
- Donation Matching & Volunteer Rewards: Eligible employees can unlock an annual company match of up to $1,000 USD (or local currency rate) for the registered charities of their choice through their personal donations ($-for-$) and/or volunteerism ($10/hour for every hour volunteered).
- #GivingTuesday Holiday Giving: To kick off the holiday season in a way true to our purpose-driven culture, on #GivingTuesday, employees globally receive donatable funds in their Giving Account on the Warner Bros. Discovery Impact Portal.
- Emergency Response: In response to select disasters and crises, we launch special campaigns that highlight and support organizations on the ground responding with giving opportunities and special matching incentives.
- Volunteer Time Off: Eligible employees can use up to 40 hours each year of paid volunteer time during regular work hours to volunteer with a registered charity or accredited school through our global Volunteer Time Off Policy.
- Impact Day: Impact Day is Warner Bros. Discovery’s annual day of service during which employees globally volunteer in communities where we live and work around the world.
- Season of Giving: Our annual holiday program through which we offer a variety of gift-giving opportunities and volunteer projects to employees in offices around the world.
- Seasonal Volunteering Opportunities: Warner Bros. Discovery offers employees various additional volunteer and engagement opportunities throughout the year to recognize key service holidays and initiatives (e.g., Earth Day, MLK Day).
- Say Yes to the Prom: An initiative that gives 1,000 high school students across the nation the perfect prom look, as well as mentorship opportunities. Dress and suit drives across our U.S. offices accompany the program, and employees in select cities are recruited to volunteer for the in-person events.
Programs & Initiatives
- OneFifty: Leveraging Warner Bros. Discovery’s artistic and cultural partners, as well as new access points for creativity, OneFifty elevates stories with social impact.
- Access to Action: Provides individuals who haven’t traditionally had pathways into the entertainment industry with access to below-the-line jobs and training opportunities on film and television productions.
- Warner Bros. Discovery Story Lab: In partnership with Young Storytellers, Warner Bros. Discovery Story Lab is a comic-book inspired in-school program that aims to develop a generation of young people who value their voice and the voices of their peers. The program’s curriculum reinforces the core values of storytelling – confidence, empathy, and creativity.
- Training and Education Center: We are making major strides to address skills shortages in film and television production, including launching in 2023 a first-of-its kind training and education center at our Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in the U.K. With a focus on recruitment, training, outreach and careers, the center will address workforce composition by widening access to the industry and provide an essential service to our productions, the local community, and our business.
- CNN Academy: CNN Academy taps into the knowledge and expertise earned by CNN’s 40+ years at the forefront of international journalism, providing the skills and training to empower the next generation of global journalists.
- CNN Impact Your World: “Impact Your World” is a CNN multimedia initiative that provides the audience with opportunities to aid communities around the world. When news impacts the globe, people want to help. CNN Impact Your World is a trusted place for people to take positive action by donating money or volunteering time to vetted charities. The initiative also features ordinary people and celebrities who are rolling up their sleeves and making a difference for causes close to their heart.
- Education programme: Set within The Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour in London, our award-winning program meets learning objectives from the national curriculum and exam board specifications. Young minds will be stimulated as they discover the extraordinary artistry, technology and talent that went into creating the Harry Potter film series.
TVN & TVN Foundation
TVN – the leading broadcaster in Poland, owned by Discovery – is deeply committed to bringing about positive change and supporting disadvantaged communities. We support various causes, and partner with numerous charities on an ongoing basis. In 2001, we launched the TVN Foundation. To date, the Foundation has raised over $70 million in aid to improve the lives and health of Polish people in need, providing assistance to almost 26,000 individuals. An area of particular focus for the TVN Foundation has always been treating and rehabilitating sick children. The Foundation carries out renovations and other works in medical facilities across the country, as well as purchases ambulances and medical equipment. In 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, TVN doubled down and undertook several initiatives, including donating almost $2 million to help with coronavirus testing in hospitals and other institutions, airing free of charge advertisements for small business owners, and hosting charity concerts. In 2021, the TVN Foundation began the construction of the Psychiatry Clinic for Children and Youth within the largest children’s hospital in Poland – the Children’s Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw. At the moment, the main goal of the TVN Foundation is to support Children Psychiatry.