The Presentation Highlighted Best-in-Class Content Offerings Across Categories Including Premium, Lifestyle, News and Sports
Innovative Advertising Solutions Spanned Streaming, Inclusive Partnerships, Data-Driven Linear, Addressable Advertising and Marketing
Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) showcased its annual Upfront presentation this morning at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City, spotlighting its extensive selection of advertising offerings across premium entertainment, sports, news and lifestyle brands within its suite of linear networks, digital platforms and streaming services, including the highly-anticipated and enhanced Max, available to consumers on May 23. Touting the theme Dream Bold Here, the presentation emphasized Warner Bros. Discovery’s strong value proposition to advertisers, with creative solutions to meet viewers where they are with unmatched reach and scale.
Warner Bros. Discovery executives including Jon Steinlauf, Chief US Advertising Sales Officer; Sheereen Russell, EVP of Advertising Sales and Inclusive Solutions; Chris Licht, Chairman and CEO, CNN Worldwide; Luis Silberwasser, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros. Discovery Sports; Kathleen Finch, Chairman and Chief Content Officer, US Networks Group; JB Perrette, President and CEO, Global Streaming and Games; Casey Bloys, Chairman and CEO, HBO and Max Content and Bruce Campbell, Chief Revenue Officer presented the organization’s unrivaled content, franchises and products to advertising partners, the investor community and media.
“Warner Bros. Discovery is uniquely positioned in the marketplace with the ability to unlock advertising opportunities across a content portfolio that captures live audiences, creates cultural conversations and inspires viewers through powerful storytelling,” said Steinlauf. “We attract targeted and engaged consumers, delivering maximum impact for brands with ad products and creative solutions that provide a best-in-class experience for both advertisers and audiences.”
Throughout the presentation, Warner Bros. Discovery leadership shared key insights including:
- Warner Bros. Discovery’s 20+ networks average more than 100 million total viewers each week.
- Warner Bros. Discovery is home to 6 of the top 10 cable networks: TNT, TBS, TLC, Discovery, Food and HGTV.
- Warner Bros. Discovery has the largest primetime viewing share of cable and broadcast because of how engaged audiences are to its brands.
- Warner Bros Discovery has 41 of the top 100 shows that drive the most brand search right after ads are seen.
- Warner Bros. Discovery’s portfolio reaches a differentiated audience with reach including 75% of A18-34; 84% of A22-54; 92% of A55+; 81% of all multicultural audiences.
- HBO Max ad-lite subscriptions grew by 71% last year, highlighting the power of the offering.
- 63% of HBO Max users are under 40,attracting young audiences that are key for advertisers.
- Warner Bros. Discovery Sports is driving impressive growth for all its sports league partnerships across the NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA, and U.S. Soccer, including scoring its most watched NBA Playoffs coverage in nine years anddelivering to-date the most watched NHL playoffs coverage on cable all time.
- Warner Bros. Discovery’s data-driven linear offering is available on over 25 networks and addressable advertising targets 50M homes across 18 networks.
Announcements regarding new and enhanced advertising offerings and solutions include:
- Warner Bros. Discovery Announces Roster of Advertising Solutions for Agencies and Brands Ahead of Max Streaming Platform Launch on May 23
- Warner Bros. Discovery Announces Dedicated Client Partnerships and Inclusive Solutions Team
- Warner Bros. Discovery Unveils ‘WBD Stream’ Digital Video Product Suite for Advertisers
Additionally, Warner Bros. Discovery made several exciting programming announcements including:
- Max Orders Conan O’Brien Travel Series CONAN O’BRIEN MUST GO
- Max Original Docuseries DOWNEY’S DREAM CARS Debuts June 22
- Season Two of AND JUST LIKE THAT… Debuts June 22 on Max
- What’s on Max: Launch Through June 2023
- TBS Re-Imagines Reality Hoax Series, “The Joe Schmo Show”
- TNT Launches a Second Night of Wrestling with “AEW: COLLISION”
- Food Network’s Schedule Packs Star Power and Seasonality
- Jason Momoa Joins Discovery Channel’s Shark Week as Master of Ceremonies This Summer
- Michael Bay Signs TV Deal With Leading True Crime Network, Investigation Discovery
- OWN’S Hit “Love & Marriage” Franchise Heads To Detroit Summer 2023
- CNN Announces Kaitlan Collins as the new 9pm host
- CNN Announces “Juneteenth: A Global Celebration for Freedom,” Returns to Broadcast on CNN & OWN in First Time Dual Simulcast, Produced by Live Nation Urban and Jesse Collins Entertainment on Monday, June 19 at 8pm ET
- CNN Teases 2024 Original Programming at Warner Bros. Discovery Upfront Presentation
- City Dwellers Embrace The Hudson Valley’s ‘SMALL TOWN POTENTIAL’ in a New HGTV Series Premiering June 14 at 9 P.M. ET/PT
- The Battle Hits The Beach On The Return Of Summer’s Hottest Culinary Competition Beachside Brawl With Host Antonia Lofaso
- Food Truck Pros Take on Talented Rookies in “The Great Food Truck Race: David vs. Goliath” Hosted by Tyler Florence
- Former ‘Survivor’ Winner Kim Wolfe Returns in HGTV’s WHY THE HECK DID I BUY THIS HOUSE? on Tuesday, June 13 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
- Mattel’s Beloved Purple Dinosaur Barney Finds New Home at Cartoonito on Cartoon Network and Max
- ‘90 Day Fiance: Before The 90 Days’ is Bringing the Heat This summer Featuring Seven New Couples and a Returning Favorite
- Warner Bros. Discovery Sports to Tee Off Next Edition of “Capital One’s The Match” — Patrick Mahomes & Travis Kelce vs. Stephen Curry & Klay Thompson — Thursday, June 29, at 6:30 p.m. ET on TNT
For more information about how to partner with Warner Bros. Discovery Ad Sales, see here.