US Networks Group at Warner Bros. Discovery Dominated Sunday Feb. 19 With More Than Half of Nightly Cable Audience
The networks that comprise the US Networks Group at Warner Bros. Discovery, including Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, TBS, TNT, and TLC, among others, accounted for more than 51% of P25-54 Primetime cable viewing on Sunday, Feb. 19 – significantly outperforming competitors.
“Compelling content, a smart scheduling strategy and superstar talent helped us deliver one of the strongest Sunday nights we’ve seen in recent months with eight of the top 10 telecasts for the night,” said Jon Steinlauf, Chief U.S. Ad Sales Officer, Warner Bros. Discovery. “Our powerful collection of brands allows us to keep the audience – and keep them engaged – in our dynamic ecosystem.”
“We’re the only network group that can give you top talent like Guy Fieri in Tournament of Champions and the Napiers in Home Town, along with mega-hit franchises like 90 Day or Naked and Afraid – all on the same night.” said Kathleen Finch, Chairman and Chief Content Officer, US Networks Group, Warner Bros. Discovery. “Spend your nights with us to watch content in all your favorite lifestyle genres – home, food, true crime, relationships and adventure. We have it all.”
Here are a few Sunday night performance highlights from the US Networks Group at Warner Bros. Discovery:
· TNT and TBS’s NBA All Star Game was the most-viewed program across All of Television among viewers under 50, garnering the top two programs on cable for the night.
· TLC had its highest rated night in four weeks as 90 Day: The Other Way hit a season high among P25-54 (1.08 Live+3 rating) and was the #1 non-sports cable program of the night.
· Food Network’s season premiere of Tournament of Champions with Guy Fieri was the network’s highest rated telecast among P25-54 (1.04 Live+3 rating) since April 2022. The premiere posted a 1.2 rating among W25-54 (Live+3 rating) and propelled the network to #3 on cable for the night.
· Discovery‘s season premiere of Naked and Afraid posted a .77 rating (Live+3 rating) among P25-54 and pushed the network to its highest rated Sunday night in six months (8/7/22).
· HGTV’s premiere of Home Town with Ben and Erin Napier was the program’s best performance in 10 months (4/2/22) among P25-54 (.68 Live+3 rating) and pushed the network to its best Sunday Prime in almost six months (8/28/22).
· Investigation Discovery’s Evil Lives Here and Signs of a Psychopath drove the network to its second highest rated Sunday among P25-54 (Live+3 rating) since July 2022.
About Warner Bros. Discovery
Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ: WBD) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates and distributes the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content and brands across television, film and streaming. Available in more than 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery inspires, informs and entertains audiences worldwide through its iconic brands and products including: Discovery Channel, discovery+, CNN, DC, Eurosport, HBO, HBO Max, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Magnolia Network, TNT, TBS, truTV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Warner Bros. Film Group, Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Bros. Games, New Line Cinema, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Discovery en Español, Hogar de HGTV and others. For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.