- The critically acclaimed Max Original adult-animated series, TEN YEAR OLD TOM, has been renewed for a second season, it was announced today at Rooster Teeth’s RTX festival in Austin, TX. The series is created, produced, directed and written by Steve Dildarian (HBO’s “The Life and Times of Tim”). Byron Bowers (“Honey Boy”) joins the writing team and voices the character of Nelson.
- Synopsis: TEN YEAR OLD TOM follows the misadventures of an average kid as he contends with questionable guidance from the well-meaning grownups around him. Being a kid is hard enough for Tom, but when bad influences seem to lurk around every corner – from litigious parents and drug dealing bus drivers to school administrators who want to sleep with his mom – it’s downright impossible. While the adults in Tom’s life certainly mean well, they just can’t manage to lead by example.
- Cast: In season one,Dildarian starred as Tom alongside a talented cast of actors and comedians including Bowers, Todd Glass, Gillian Jacobs, John Malkovich and Edi Patterson, with guest appearances by David Duchovny, Jennifer Coolidge, Natasha Lynonne, Mark Proksch, Tim Robinson and more.
- Billy Wee, Senior Vice President of Comedy & Animation, HBO Max quote: “Steve Dildarian has always had a unique and charming way of depicting the pain and hilarity of everyday life. We love the sincerity and bewilderment of Tom as he navigates the misguided adults around him daily and we are looking forward to more life lessons and mishaps in season two.”
- Credits: TEN YEAR OLD TOM is produced by Work Friends – a JV between Nick Weidenfeld (“The Boondocks,” “Rick & Morty”) and Tomorrow Studios (an ITV Studios partnership). Executive producers include Steve Dildarian, Marty Adelstein (“One Piece,” “Let the Right One In”) and Becky Clements (“Snowpiercer,” “Physical”) for Tomorrow Studios, and Weidenfeld for Work Friends. The animation will continue to be produced at ShadowMachine. ITV Studios handles international distribution.