Discovery Channel, Science Channel, and Animal Planet May Programming Highlights
Premieres of “Naked and Afraid: Last One Standing,” and “Street Outlaws: Locals Only” Airing this May on Discovery Channel, alongside Science Channel’s “Mission Unexplained,” and Animal Planet’s “The Bond”
This May, Discovery Channel is premiering “Naked and Afraid: Last One Standing” on 5/7 and “Street Outlaws: Locals Only” on 5/15. Science Channel is airing the premiere of “Mission Unexplained” on 5/23. Animal Planet is premiering “The Bond” on 5/6.
See below for a full schedule.
Week of April 30, 2023
Saturday, May 6
- “The Bond” Debuts on Animal Planet – 9pm ET/PT
- THE BOND will tell remarkable, moving, and surprising stories of men, women, and children bonding deeply with animals that we might think of as wild. These animals were never meant to be domesticated, but because of the extreme circumstances that often arise in the modern world, they were forced into close contact with human beings and both animal and human had to adapt.
Week of May 7, 2023
Sunday, May 7
- “Naked and Afraid: Last One Standing” Debuts on Discovery Channel – 8pm ET/PT
- Twelve of Naked and Afraid’s toughest and most experienced all-stars take on South Africa’s punishing Oribi Gorge in a completely new type of challenge. For the first time ever, survivalists will compete head-to-head through a grueling, multiphase challenge and have their primitive skills tested for the chance to win $100,000. The competition is fierce, as survivalists can use any means necessary – even sabotage – to take home the grand prize. At the end of 45 days, only one can be crowned the Last One Standing.
Week of May 14, 2023
Monday, May 15
- “Street Outlaws: Locals Only” Debuts on Discovery Channel – 8pm ET/PT
- Dynamic racing duo and fan-favorite wheelmen – Farmtruck and AZN, best known from “Street Outlaws: OKC” travel to racetracks across the US in search of the fastest local driving heroes. From Idaho to New Hampshire and Texas to Pennsylvania, top local drivers will race against each other in a bracket-style, single elimination challenge. The winner will take home a prize of $5,000 and get the chance to race against a veteran Street Outlaw driver from the ‘No Prep Kings’ series for another 5K, such as Lizzy Musi, Daddy Dave, Jermaine Boddie and Kye Kelley, among others.
Week of May 21, 2023
Tuesday, May 23
- “Mission Unexplained” Debuts on Science Channel – 10pm ET/PT
- With the recent declassification of military records, military members and veterans are coming forward for the first time to share stories of unexplained events. Viewers are immersed in these eyewitness tales, while scientists and experts shed light on the stories.
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 224 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Science Channel
Science Channel, a multi-media business unit of Discovery, Inc. is the home of all things science around the clock, including series such as WHAT ON EARTH?, HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS, UNEARTHED, and MYSTERIES OF THE ABANDONED. Science Channel’s programming also includes timely, expert-driven specials covering breaking science news and discoveries. Science Channel is the premiere TV, digital and social community for those with a passion for science, space, technology, archeology, and engineering, providing immersive, engaging, high-quality entertainment across all Science Channel assets including: Science Channel television network, available in more than 63 million homes in the U.S; complimentary Video On Demand offering; SCI Go app allowing viewers to catch up on full episodes of their favorite shows anytime; deep video, interactive storytelling and virtual reality at www.sciencechannel.com; and conversations on Science Channel’s popular social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat via @ScienceChannel.
About Animal Planet
Animal Planet, one of Discovery, Inc.’s great global brands, is dedicated to creating high quality content with global appeal delivering on its mission to keep the childhood joy and wonder of animals alive by bringing people up close in every way. Available to 360 million homes in more than 205 countries and territories, Animal Planet combines content that explores the undeniable bonds forged between animals and humans, optimized across all screens around the world. For more information, please visit www.animalplanet.com.
About Warner Bros. Discovery
Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ: WBD) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates and distributes the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content and brands across television, film and streaming. Available in more than 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Warner Bros. Discovery inspires, informs and entertains audiences worldwide through its iconic brands and products including: Discovery Channel, discovery+, CNN, DC, Eurosport, HBO, HBO Max, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Magnolia Network, TNT, TBS, truTV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Games, New Line Cinema, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Discovery en Español, Hogar de HGTV and others. For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.